When I sit down with a new book, I can hardly contain the excitement. I long to
have hours upon hours of uninterrupted time to dig in and read something enthralling.
Books that move my spirit and challenge my way of seeing are at the top of my list.
Here are a few of my favorite formative reads from the past few years:
Currently on My Nightstand
· Love Poems from God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West
· Though Art That: Transforming Religious Metaphor by Joseph Campbell
· Swan by Mary Oliver
· Open Mind, Open Heart by Thomas Keating : A classic on centering prayer
· Soul Feast by Marjorie Thompson : A classic on spiritual disciplines
· The Way of the Heart by Henri Nouwen : A classic of contemplative living
Books for your Bag: Soul Food for the Contemplative on-the-go
· Still: Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis by Lauren Winner
· The Dance of the Dissident Daughter: A Woman’s Journey from Christian Tradition to the Sacred Feminine by Sue Monk Kidd
· Take this Bread: A Radical Conversion by Sara Miles