Jesus speaks seven powerful “I AM” statements in the book of John. These statements invite us to engage in who Jesus is for our life. Read through the following and see which speaks to you.
• I am the bread of Life. – John 6:35; 48
• I am the light of the world. – John 8:12; 9:5
• I am the door. – John 10:9
• I am the good shepherd. – John 10:11
• I am the resurrection and the life. – John 11:25
• I am the way, the truth and the life. – John 14:6
• I am the true vine. – John 15:1
Reflect on these powerful statements* that remind us of who we are in Christ.
• I have been adopted as God’s child. – Ephesians 1:5
• I am redeemed. – Colossians 1:14
• I cannot be separated from the love of God. – Romans 8:35-39
• I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved. – Colossians 3:12
• I am a member of Christ’s body. – 1 Corinthians 12:27
• I am a child of light not darkness – 1 Thessalonians 5:5
Prayer: Thank you Lord for who I am in Christ. Help me to realize all that I am so that I may glorify you in all the ways of my life.
* Resource: Community Presbyterian Church; baptismal prayer